Friday, July 2, 2010

Help me God I Need You

I needed help recently, so of course I went to google, but I did something a little different this time. I started by typing the word, "help" then, pressed space. Google tried to figure out what my next word(s) would be. The first result was me. So now the search was for, "help me." I pressed space again and the next word was, "God." I was surprised. So I kept going until it wouldn't give me any more suggestions. The phrase ended up being, "help me God I need you."

Sadness:

I couldn't help but feel the gravity of the situation. This phrase means that the most common search on google for people, when they are looking for help, is for God to help them. They aren't just looking for help either, they are humbled, saying, "I need you." This past week I had the privilege to talk to a young girl, who was looking for someone to talk to about her problems. I won't give her name or any details about her, but I did learn that this girl had recently had the urge to bring harm to her self. Even from my narrow view, my heart ached for this girl. I hardly knew her, but I felt the need to comfort her, to show her the truth of God's love.

knowledge:

I know far to many people who were in her position, too many people who were saying, "help me God! I need you!" If I could show you anything in the world, I would show you something totally not of this world. I would show you the love of God, so vast, so strong, and so overwhelming. I would show you just how valuable you really are. I would show you that if offered all the rest of the universe as compensation, including all the things that you place value you on, he would say, "I could never trade my daughter for such a small price! My son, you could never pry him from me with such small sacrifice!" I promise just this to you. God loves you far more than anything else, he is only truth, he is mighty, all-powerful and all-knowing. His love covers and protects you.

Hope:

In my short years I have seen more than most have seen in twice my lifetime. Take the advice of this old man. Life is short, it isn't until the end that you realize what is important. Loving is the most important thing you can ever do. Check here to see some verses on love. I have hope for that girl. She promised me that she wouldn't do it anymore. I believe her, and I believe in her. I have hope for those people too. They are still here, they are still fighting it. They still solder on, leaning on him.

Faith:

I guess I am leaning on him too. Just look at me, I started this post feeling like I was evil. Now... I feel relaxed. Who else could inspire this. My faith in him has grown, his words rest on my heart. They say, "I love you." They say the same thing when I am in trials and I wonder why. The words are the same when I wonder why I have received such a precious gift. When I am down, his words remind me of who I am.

I don't know about you but I am tired of stressing out about the things of this world. I give up. I surrender to him.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment